- A place where children meet Jesus and move into the deeper truths they learn from the Bible, which is shared with them from Pre-Primary to High school
- A school that is built on the abounding grace of Jesus Christ
- A school that will foster honour and respect to all
- Children living by the motto: Living fully, Loving widely, Learning creatively
- A school with a family atmosphere, where children look out for one other and not only their own interests
- Children leaving school as confident young adults;
- socially well adjusted;
- knowing who they are in Christ;
- academically strong;
- environmentally aware;
- physically fit and healthy;
- aware of their environment and making a difference in it; and
- aware of the community around them – desiring to leave a legacy.
Educating for life – Ad vitam educatio
Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. Gracehill College believes that “every good gift of knowledge and insight come from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17.
We trust in our Heavenly Father to nurture and equip our children, through a thoroughly researched curriculum and feast of ideas. We strive for an education that is far deeper than mere exams and tests – an education that impacts lives and echoes into eternity.
Charlotte Mason believed that “the formation of habits is education, and education is the formation of habits.” We, at Gracehill College, place great value on forming good habits as a solid foundation of life and education.
We are history makers! Starting out as a brand-new Christian School in January 2019, Gracehill College is located in the beautiful city of George.
We, at Gracehill, believe that this school will grow and become a shining light in the Garden Route area. We impact the lives of children, families, and the community around us. We are a school strong in academics, sport, culture, social awareness, and solid relationships. We encourage children to live beyond themselves.
Gracehill upholds Christian family values and is committed to growing young boys and girls into confident men and women who live out their unique gifts in the community around them.
We strive to create a relaxed and happy educational environment. The teachers and staff are passionate, caring and very competent.
We strive to remain a school with small classes yet extending our territory to be able to facilitate our vision of the future. We encourage children to look for the beauty in each person and in each day, seizing every moment to make the most of our given opportunities.
We will continue to strive for an excellent, Christ centred, holistic education. We partner with Liberty Church as we serve the local community.
- A school that has Jesus Christ as the cornerstone and center focus
- A place where every child is valued as individuals and where their unique gifts and abilities are identified, developed and celebrated
- Small classes where individual attention is possible (no more than 18 per class in Junior Primary, 20 per class in Senior Primary, and 25 per class in High School)
- Adequate time during school hours for work, so that homework is at a minimum
- A place where children are free to excel in what they are good at, and to try out new things without pressure to perform in every single area
- A family atmosphere where everyone is loved and accepted with honour and respect
- An exciting curriculum that enables active and meaningful learning and creative thinking
Grade 1 - Afrikaans
Loren van As
Mignon van Zyl
Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself. We, at Gracehill College, believe that “every good gift of knowledge and insight come from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17.
We trust in our Heavenly Father to nurture and equip our children, through a thoroughly researched curriculum and feast of ideas. We strive for an education that is far deeper than mere exams and tests – an education that impacts lives and echoes into eternity
School Terms 2022
19 January – 25 March 2022
5 April – 24 June 2022
19 July – 30 September 2022
11 October – 14 December 2022